Wordy is an application that teaches kids (and adults learning english) how to spell and pronounce english words, all they need to do is to take a picture to the word or sentence they want to learn by boxing it into the visible area using the scrolling controls and the “take picture” button on the top right side of the “Capture Words” screen, and that is it, they will be able to pronounce it, to spell it and save the word to hear it later using Android’s Speech mechanism.
Some countries might require to change their device language settings to “English” for a proper pronunciation.
Software Developer: Martin Cazares
Designer: Raul Calderon
In this post I will talk about the latest android application I’ve pushed into the market. Chiron is a very convenient tool for students of any level, with Chiron you can upload a set of questions completely designed by you into your Android device to get ready for your hardest test, you should be able to study anytime anywhere you want if the test is that import to you, Chiron also helps you to keep the information that you care the most around for a while easily, thanks to its reminders mechanism that pops up random questions of the exam in the Notification Bar of your device during the day.
This is a brief tutorial that shows you how to use Chiron.
- First you must download the application from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doepiccoding.chiron
- Then at the bottom of your Home Screen in the Chiron App you should get a number:
- Then you must go to the Web Based Exam Builder Tool at http://www.doepiccoding.com/chiron/ and fill the 3 areas available (“Title”, “Exam Questions/Answers” and “DeviceID”), in the field at the bottom of the screen (device Id) you should set the numbers you have in your application and the exam you just built will be automatically downloaded into the app.
- And that’s it, you should be good to go, randomly during the day you will be receiving notifications with questions from your exam, statistics will be measured based on your performance and things will stick easier to your head since you are constantly asked for answers of your exam.
If for any reason you don’t get the exam automatically loaded into your device, once you have created it in the Web Tool all you need to do is:
- Go to your application and at the bottom of the screen there’s an Edit Text Box that says “Insert Here Your Exam Title”, insert exactly the same exam title you used in the WebTool and then press the Load Exam button and your exam will be automatically loaded.
Hope you liked it!